Pages

25.3.11

Spring is in the air !

"Bonjour" everyone!

First of all I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all my new friends for stopping by my blog, saying hello and commenting on my posts :-)

Please forgive any mistakes in my English.... I'm French and I woof French on a daily basis so.... I hope it does not discourage you from reading about my adventures and that you still enjoy them anyway :-)
I'd be more than happy if you have any suggestions about the words I use, or if I make the same mistakes all the time, feel free to tell me!
I'm ready to learn! - and I'll teach you some French in return !

Also, I would love to throw a contest for you my lovely friends - but I'm still thinking about it. But be ready !!!
It would be a great opportunity for the winner to win some cool french doggie toys :-) Would you like it ?

I really don't get what the fuss is about !

Anyway, yesterday I went for my late afternoon walk in the local park near home. The park is quite big though I'm not allowed to go off-leash :-(
I did have a great time though - I had to make my human run with me !





Then we played my favorite game with sticks :

look at my face !

We also found weird benches ....

And human pups from the local school running ...


I even heard a little girl saying " Aw, he's my dream dog ! "

Oh, I do know I'm wonderful, thank you .... !


By the way, Oscar is still home, hasn't found a forever family yet ! It's fine with me as we're becoming great friends!

The only trouble is that he is very VERY talkative at night and keeps MEOWing all the time ...
drives me nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!

See, I'm getting tired already ...

See you soon ,


Lincoln

11 comments:

  1. Those benches made me laugh!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lincoln, what are you talking about? Your English is FANTASTIC! And I didn't even know you were French!!! BTW, has anyone ever told you have such a brilliant, shiny black coat? I feel so jello. You have some good genes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun walking in the park! I can't wait for the doggie contest, French dog toys sound cool to me. My human mommy says that French chocolate would be a better prize, but I tried to tell her that is silly!
    Woof!
    Branson

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bonjour" Lincoln,

    Your English is very good!

    So your humans give you commands in French - how exciting! Would you be able to teach our human how to say some commands in French and then she could teach them to us :) That would be so cool!

    We will definitely participate in your competition - we are looking forward to it :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lincoln! Thanks for stopping by our blog!
    A French Great Dane! How cool! You're a very handsome guy and we can't wait to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lincoln,nice to meet you. Thank you, merci beaucoup, for visiting our blog. Notre mere etait professeur de francais au lycee ici il ya beaucoup d'annees. Elle a oublie beaucoup, mais elle dit bonsoir at toi.

    Now, back to English, you are just gorgeous, look at that shiny coat you have. We will be back to follow more of your fun.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lincoln,

    Thanks for dropping by our blog. It is nice to meet you.

    It looked like you had a lot of fun at the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lincoln,

    Thanks you for the Youtube video! We shall get onto it right away.

    You must excuse us if it takes a little while to post about it - our camera that we borrowed has been given back :( We shall see if the picture is any good with this thing our humans call an iphone?!

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Lincoln! So many exciting things in this post!!

    First of all, we agree - your English is perfect! Unless you told us, we would never have guessed that your human is French!

    And we would LOVE to have some French lessons!!!!! Hsin-Yi actually learnt French as a 2nd language when she was at school and she recently started going to night classes again cos she'll be going to France this summer for her brother's wedding! (He lives in Paris and is marrying a French girl and they'll be having their wedding in Provence) - so Hsin-Yi is trying to brush up her schoolgirl French although after not using it for 20yrs, it is very rusty!!!! So we would love any opportunity to practise.


    BTW, I LOVED that video you posted on Lexi & Jasper's blog - you should post it again here to share it with everybody! I never realised that you learnt your commands in French - how cool! Although actually, I learnt my "Speak" command in Chinese - hee! hee!

    Oh - and yes, I agree about your shiny black coat - you are just such a HANDSOME boy overall!!! Hsin-Yi thinks you have the most gorgeous face (after me, of course, ahem!) - and especially as you have the 'proper' Dane head...you are going to be stunning when you grow up and break a lot of hearts! Oui! Bien sur! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - and I forgot - I would LOVE to take part in your competition too! And I'll tell you a secret - I'm planning a competition soon too - a dancing one! Yes! So you MUST take part!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour Monsieur Lincoln,

    Comment allez-vous? For being a Francais doggie your Anglais is tres bien. Ok...how do you like my attempt at woofing Francais??? BOL!! Mom had 4 years of French when she was in high school but of course has no idea how to really speak it now but she would be interested in learning more. Mom even had a French Pen Pal that she started writing to when she was age 14 and they kept on writing for at least 15 years then they lost touch...she'll have to see if she can find any old letters.

    I can't wait to see what your competition is going to be.

    AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

    ReplyDelete