Pages

20.3.11

Sleepover at Grandmas part 2

Usually on sundays, I can sleep until very late but today, as I was at Grandma's, I woke up with my humans at 8 o'clock because I wanted to make the most of our last day!!
I love my Grandma, she'd do ANYthing to please me when I make my cutie face so I even get to lay on her sofa (!!!)


Plus she always likes to make sure that I have something to do and don't get bored :


I also get a lot of cuddles and praises (even when I don't do much to deserve it) :-)

Humpf yes right there ! .....

I think I have the most wonderful grandma!

And when my grandma gets busy, my aunt Charlotte comes and takes care of me:


But of course we didn't stay at home all day!! Today was such a beautiful day outside that we decided to go to the "Grimbosq forest" to have a long walk ...

Just enough room for a dog like me

Of course Smarties was here too. She is Grandma's dog and she is 10 years old !

She seems very happy too :-)

This is the part when I need your advice. You see, I really love Smarties and I'm really fond of her, but we have some problems of understanding. She is a bit old and sometimes grumpy and she doesn't like me to sniff her or to play with her at all. It makes me very sad...
Grandma and my humans say she is old and had several health issues lately and so I have to be less "rough" and everything, but it doesn't seem to get any better between us too...

For exemple we can hardly share the same room in the house, Smarties would go and lie down and I would rush to her all the time. Then I'd be told off by my humans and would have to lie down too, but it never lasts for too long... I try again and again and again....... and Smarties does not like it at all.
She never did anything mean to me but she really shows her teeth and bark and growls really loud ( and I don't care about that I keep annoying her !).
Do you have any tips ? Maybe some of the readers of my blog can help me? That would be really nice.


Guess what? In the woods, we met a new friend, a kind of Yorkshire who fell in love with Smarties and kept following us for a while

My humans became a little worried because he seemed lost as no other humans were around and as he was very very dirty. But finally the Yorkshire turned around and went back to his human. So we just continued our walk.
Some more pictures :

Waiting for grandma, grandpa and smarties who are - I have to say - a lot slower than we are !

If you do not hurry up, the night will come before you do !

Seriously??

Haha. Just kidding :-) Actually smarties is not that slow.


What's that strange kind of dog???
Wild boars ? - Smelly !

My favorite thing when I go for a walk is sticks hunt ! It drives me crazy!

First stick, but it's a little too small, don't you think?

Oh this one is better!

or this one ?

Can I take it home?

Pleeeeease ?!

Then, I found the most wonderful thing. A free stick shop!!!

Don't you even think of coming closer, they're all mine!

After all that, it was time to go back home. First, I didn't want to leave because I love the woods so much. But then I had to admit I was a bit tired...just a bit! (check the red eyelids!)

Aren't we home yet?

And finally, when we arrived, I went straight to the bedroom and jumped on my human's bed (!!!) It made them laugh but this is just for the picture, then I had to move and go back to my own bed .... oh dear !

I did not even have any time to unpack my bag............ZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz....


xoxo Lincoln

5 comments:

  1. WE can see why there was no time to unpack!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lincoln,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and it's a pleasure to meet you....you sure a cutie...if I was only a younger dane...

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting your grandma. I love seeing my grandma but I don't see her all that often since I don't really like other dogs and grandma has her own dog so I can't go there often.

    You have a great name Lincoln. You know the state where I live is actually called the Land of Lincoln! (Illinois, U.S.A.)

    I can't wait to read more of your blog maybe I will have mom do that this evening. I have been very bad and haven't blogged on my blog I think since January so maybe I'll get mom to do that first.

    Take care and hope to see you again soon.

    AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Grandma seem so lovely! Its very nice of her to let you sleep on her couch :)

    You really do love your sticks... don't worry we won't take any of them, we are not really stick dogs. We love SEAWEED :p

    Smarties sounds just like Laura's mum's dog. Old and grumpy :p Her name is Bess, and she is 14. We had the same problem - lack of respect for older dogs. We used to bother her and wind her up and she would growl and bark at us - we didn't listen to her though.
    Then Laura stepped in and we got in big trouble and made to go to bed, but like you we would get up soon after. Laura just kept persisting with it and eventually we thought we better stop because we aren't going to win this battle.

    Hehe we still can't get over how handsome you are! :p

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun at your grandma's house. I love my grandma too, just wished she lived closer. You like sticks too? Do you ever try to eat them? I do and always get in trouble, mom says it isn't good for me! WOOF!
    Branson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lincoln,

    Sorry for not visiting for a while - my human has been really busy with her work deadlines and with little Muesli! But I'm enjoying catching up on your posts. Looks like you had a great time at your Grandma's!

    And yes, we agree with Lexi & Jasper about Smarties - sometimes puppies need to learn to respect older doggies and if they won't listen to the older doggie telling them off, then their humans need to step in and teach them respect. Do you have a mat or bed at your Grandma's? A bed command is a very good thing to learn and it's a way for you to remain in the room with everybody else (instead of being banished elsewhere) and not be tied up - but also not harrassing Smarties (or trying to steal food or whatever! :-) So my human says she would suggest teaching you the bed command and making you go on your bed if you keep harassing Smarties, especially if your humans have already told you off. They can also try doing some training with you next to Smarties - so you practise focusing on other things with her there. And most of all, they must praise you lots if you are in the same room with Smarties but NOT hassling her - just being calm together. Like Lexi & Jasper says - it needs a lot of persistence and repetition but if your humans are consistent then eventually you will give up.

    Hope that helps!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete