Pages

29.3.11

French Craze Contest, visit to the vet and sandy picture :-)

Bonjour everyone !!

Today is a big day for me as I'm pleased to present you .... the first contest ever I'm organizing on my blog !!!


So, I have been thinking a lot about what my contest would be about, (and thanks to my dear friends Lexi and Jasper who wanted to learn some commands in French) I have had a great idea !

So the winner will win a special french prize full of surprises :-) !!! The second and third will get a cute postcard of me with a pawtograph :-)

This is what you have to do :

1/ You have to ask your humans if they can take a video of you learning some French commands. It can either be you learning them or you knowing them already, you're free to decide. You don't have to learn them all, of course, it is up to you.
Then you'll have to post it on youtube or on your blog and make sure you send me the link !
Here is a video to help you :


( the youtube link to the video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIXVv6CqVQ )
Of course, the video is here as an exemple of some commands but you can ask me for more tricks and their translations, so when you ask me another one (for exemple heel , jump, fetch.... I'll make a list just below so everyone can see it.
- light. In French light is Lumière ( loo-mee-air)
- button. In French button is Bouton ( boo-ton )
- kiss. In French kiss is Bisou (bee-zoo)

OR (because we thought maybe your human won't have enough time to make a video or maybe you don't have a video camera)

2/ You have to take a picture ( or two, three .... ) of you wearing something or posing next to something that makes you think about France.
Then you'll have to send it on my email ( lincolnthegreatdane@gmail.com) or post it on your blog and let me know you've participated !

So let's say I give you 3 weeks to do it, it would mean that the contest ends on the 19th of April !
Of course, if you have any brother or sister they can participate too and make their own video/picture to enter the contest!
What would be great also, if you post your video or picture on your blog, would be to link my blog or put the contest picture above so maybe some friends of you that don't know me will want to participate too !!

So ... Good luck !! I just can't wait to see what you're going to show me !

_________________________________________

Also, this has nothing to do with the contest but I also wanted to tell you that I had to go to the vet last saturday.. I spent friday night shaking my head and I could'nt get any proper sleep so I kept waking up my humans... something was wrong :-(
So they took me to the vet and it happens that I actually have an ear infection in both ears, and I can tell it HURTS a lot ! The vet said I was brave even though I had two injections, and MAN! I hate needles :-(


I leave you with a sandy picture of me at the beach the other day :

Enjoy,
Lincoln

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, Lincoln - I love your idea for a contest!!! And it's perfect as another excuse for my human to practise her French - ha! ha! By the way, do we have to learn the commands in your video (like Sit, Down, etc) or can we learn another trick using a French command? (And can we ask you for the right word?)

    Sorry to hear about your ear infection sickies!! That sounds very nasty. I have never hasd an ear infection (whew!) but my left ear is always getting dirty with yucky brown stuff which makes me shake my head a lot so my human has to clean it often for me! For some reason, I hardly get any in my right ear!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!!! Is it okay if I submit an entry for Darwin, and a separate one for her bff Friday. Friday's mom loves all things French and would love to teach her how to sit in French. She says Friday already knows She knows Good Dog: "Bonne Chienne." She also knows her name in French: "Vendredi."

    Ugh. Ear infections are no fun. Darwin had one recently, and she was constantly shaking her head. Hope yours clear up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great contest!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Lincoln!

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog! It's nice to know another dog blogger who also lives in Europe!

    I'll be back for more and, welcome to dog blogging! See ya around the blog!

    Au revoir!

    Homer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh by the way, I hope your ears are feeling a lot better!

    Love,
    Homer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lincoln, I hope your ears get better soon. That sounds painful. I have never had an ear infection before. Tell your mommy you need extra treats and hugs! Woof!
    Branson the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  7. O we shall be entering that contest - we muct find a camera to borrow first! Our one dissappeared!

    Hehe more works, would we perhaps have the words for "light" and "button"? We are very excited, we have been learning the basics at the moment ;)

    Hope your ear feels better soon - ear infections are not nice :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, this contest sounds soooper excitering! It sounds quite challenging too. OOOH I love challenges! Now the thing I need to ask you is, my hoomie Melissa might not pronounce the French words correctly & might probably make a fool out of herself. Is it okay?

    BTW, sorry about your yucky ear infection. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lincoln,ear infections are no fun at all. We hope yours will be all better soon.

    Sounds like a fun contest, we will have to see if we can get our Mom to try.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bon jour Lincoln,

    That sounds like a great contest. I hope my mom has time to teach me something en Francais.

    I hope your ears are feeling better soon.

    AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like a Super Dog in those pictures!!

    Sasha & Drake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww we just saw this contest. I don't know if we will have time to learn a command in French, but here is an old post of Tibby the eating Eiffel Tower :)

    http://justatibetanpup.blogspot.com/2011/02/paris-must-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lincoln - I have finally posted my video entry for your contest! Come over to my blog to check it out and tell me what you think! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane
    ps. If you need the URL of the YouTube video, just let me know - although I think if you click on the video in my post, it will take you through to the original on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete